And a look at what it really is like getting her monthly picture taken
Madeleine is 9 months old! She is getting so big and really strong. We are also playing musical chairs for her monthly picture now. She took last month's pictures in Pop's chair while her chair was on its way from Indiana. When the moving van got here and I was making the decision of what goes to storage and what comes to my parent's house (long story short the moving company was supposed to have everything separated by what is storage and what is going to the house but they messed up), I couldn't tell what was her chair since it had been taken apart, covered, and not labeled so I just had them grab this one from our former living room. While we are on that tangent in case anyone is wondering, Mark was offered a really great job in Sugar Land and we are living at my parents house until our house in Indianapolis sells (pray for that!). It has been great and we are enjoying being together right now. Anyways, back to what yall actually care about - Maddie Rie! Here is what she has been up to these days:
- Madeleine is 19 lbs 1 oz and 28 and 1/4 in long. She is in the 70th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. What a big girl she is becoming and we are long past all the extra feedings and supplementing to get her weight up. She is doing fine all on her own now. Maddie just went to a new pediatrician since we moved and after the doctor walked into the exam room and saw her standing up on the table and talking loudly to the lights on the ceiling he said "This is not the baby I would've expected to be in here after reading her chart and birth information!" The doctor said that Maddie was absolutely perfect and that by nine months old it would be clear if something was wrong from her birth and that it was obvious by just walking in the room that nothing was wrong. Praise God! We knew she was perfect but it's nice to hear it from her doctor!
- She is wearing size 3 diapers.
- We are squeezing her in to 9 month pjs but that isn't going to last much longer.
- Is all over on clothes sizes. It really just depends on the type of clothes and brand.
- Madeleine has started eating scrambled eggs and really enjoys them. We started with just the yokes in case of allergies but she's done great with whole ones. She also has tried beans. She LOVES them but we limit them to about a tablespoon for the benefit of those around her.
- Maddie eats most of her food all by herself with her hands except for breakfast which is usually fruit and yogurt or oatmeal fed by mommy. She now hates avocados again but likes anything else we give her. Grapes are her favorite food.
- The problem with eating with your hands though seems to be that your hair is just calling for your hands to touch it! What a mess!
- Maddie Rie sighs and smiles after she drinks water from her sippy cup like it's the most refreshing thing ever!
- Madeleine is a rolly polly bug all over the floor. She plays a lot on her belly now but still isn't moving forward. If she could will herself forward she would but hasn't figured it out yet. She looks like she is attempting to do the worm dance move and grunts really loud like a tennis player while she is trying to move forward.
- I guess the biggest news is that Maddie is talking! She started saying cat when she was a little over 8 months old. Cat was quickly followed by light, arf arf, hey, dada, and hi.
- Maddie Rie is definitely understanding words like cat, eat, daddy, light, mommy, Kyle, CiCi, Pops, read, eat, night night, dog, and some other nouns. She will turn and look when you ask where they are.
- She has waved bye bye.
- She is hard to hold and can give you a pretty good workout trying to keep her from diving out.
- Her hair is really filling in.
- Maddie LOVES reading!!!! I can't emphasize that enough. SHE LOVES IT! She recognizes her favorite books and laughs when you open them up. She even knows where the books are kept and insists you take her to them by grunting and diving in that direction.
- Maddie has settled in at my parents and is sleeping great at night! She usually does about 12 hours. She does not sleep well away from her bed though. Any tips in getting her to sleep away from home would be most appreciated!
- Her naps are still hit or miss. She is anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours (on rare days ) at a time though 20-30 minutes is the norm. But since she is sleeping at night again we will be working on naps now and see what happens.
- She now prefers to lounge in the bathtub instead of sitting up. So we have her infant head support back in the tub to try and keep her head above water!
- Madeleine attended her second cousin Mark David's 1st birthday party and her buddy Larkin's first birthday party.
- Maddie is loving her paci even more now. If she had the choice she would have one every chance she could. I try to limit her to sleeping, fussy bouts, and in the car, but she seems to find them and pop them if given the chance.
- Kitty Cats are her favorite thing to see. She likes dogs but they just aren't as exciting as cats to her.
- She attended her cousin Katie's 2nd birthday party. Mark and I always made it a priority to attend each niece and nephews first birthday while we were in Indiana but couldn't do the same with the latter birthdays so this was our first 2nd birthday to attend! We are so excited to be close enough to be able to do that now.
Eating beans at Gringos
Peas and carrots in the hair
All the cousins at Katie's birthday.
Just relaxing after a long day
Not the tummy!
Thanks. That's better.
"Let me see!" --Maddie
"I don't think so little girl!!"-Mark David
"Not my Sesame Street toy!"--Mark David tearfully. His mommy fixed it with a bottle and he has plans to get Maddie back at Christmas!
Reading with Pops
Making new friends at the Farmer's Market in Bryan
Sharing her paci with RieRie