Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Doctor's Visit - June 16th

This may be long. I am writing this down to help me remember. If you are uninterested just scroll down for the cute picture.

After having the miscarriage last year my doctor had a different plan for monitoring this pregnancy. Since my body never recognized the first baby's loss we can't trust that my body will do what it's supposed to should something go wrong. So as soon as we found out we were pregnant my doctor had me do what felt like a ton of blood draws (and I love needles and blood) to check progesterone and hcg levels for the first few weeks of the pregnancy then do an earlier ultrasound than we did last time. We were supposed to do the ultrasound at 8 weeks but our doctor was going to be out of town so we opted for 9 weeks over having a technician do it. That extra week was torture but we both really love my doctor and knew if it was bad news, or good news, we wanted her to be there.

Almost as soon as my doctor started the ultrasound we could see the baby! Everything looked perfect and we even saw it moving around and wiggling. That was really cool. The baby's heart beat was 184 beats a minute. It has two legs, two arms, a big head, a round belly, a placenta, a yoke sack, and an umbilical cord.

We were both so nervous and really preparing for the worst so we were pretty quiet for the appointment. At the end of the ultrasound the doctor spun around on her chair and yelled "YEA!!!!!!!!!!" then told us to relax and stop worrying. I think we have! Now we have to actually start planning for this kid cause it looks like it's going to show up! So far this baby has some books, a blanket my grandmother crocheted for my first child when I was 16 (yup...great present for a 16 year old), and a cat stuffed animal. We've got some work to do!

Mark said that the baby looks like a Teddy Graham so that's what we've been calling it! Meet little Teddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment