Madeleine Marie is 1 year old! I can't believe it has gone by this fast. Everyone said that it would but it still amazes me. Mark and I weren't really aware of her birth at 11:36pm on Monday, January 10th, 2011 (long story....go way back to her birth story if you care to know . . . i'd skip it!) so she decided to make sure we all celebrated together this year at her birth time. She had a cold and would NOT go to bed! So the three of us stayed up, cuddled in bed, and ate cheerios. It was a much better day than one year ago (even with that dumb cold!). We love this little girl so much and are so grateful for the gift we were given a year ago on that snowy and scary night in Indiana. My what one year has changed! Here is what our Bitty Girl is up to these days:
- Maddie Rie is 21 lbs 11 oz (65th percentile for weight) and 29.5 inches long (70th percentile for height)
- She is still in size 3 diapers and is in mostly 12 month clothes.
- Madeleine started really crawling on her hands and knees right before Christmas and it didn't take long to get REALLY fast.
- She has added iphone, santa, all done, grapes, duck, and teeth to her vocabulary. Her words have really slowed down though since she is crawling. She babbles all the time but doesn't say as many words. She is putting her effort into moving now I think.
- Maddie identifies mouths, buttons, Santa, and belly buttons
- She moves like a fish moves with her hands
- Maddie Rie pulls up everywhere. She uses her chin to help pull herself up too.
- She does the sprinkler dance move.
- She now claps at the right times.
- Maddie Rie Crawls to her bookshelf and empties it and "reads" to herself.
- Madeleine doesn't take a bottle anymore..again. I think we are just going to give that up and use cups.
- Her eye color doesn't seem to have set yet. They are a grey/green/dark blue/brown combo.
- Maddie has 0 teeth,
- Her feet are very tiny. She only wears a size 2.
- She wipes all of her food of her tray and onto the floor when she is done eating or if she disapproves of the meal.
- Maddie enjoys poking Boudreaux in the eyes. We are working on that. Thankfully Bou could care less.
- Madeleine started cruising the furniture January 7th.
- She sways forward and backward to music or singing.
- Her uncle Jordan taught her to "blow up" his fist bump and she loves it!
- She celebrated her first Christmas and loved it! She did great with each family Christmas we had. We started with my mom's family at my parent's house. Then we spent Christmas weekend at a cabin with the Richards. Then we followed with a New Years day Christmas with the Manleys.
- She went to the park for the first time and played on the swings.
- Madeleine went on her first road trip with just her parents and did AMAZING!! Her sleeping habits once out of town weren't great but we can't complain about her riding in the car.
This is apparently what happens on Saturday mornings when Mommy gets to sleep in and Daddy teaches Maddie tricks.
Blue jean baby
Checking out Santa. She thought about crying then decided to just check him out.
Peterson Christmas with Cousin Mark David. This is the best picture we could get of the two of them together.
Emptying her bookcase.
Let us out!
Baby in a box
Listening to PawPaw read The Cajun Night Before Christmas
"I love to eat!!!"
Cousin pj picture.
Her gifts from Santa
A rocking horse from CiCi and Pops
And her favorite gift (that wasn't even hers) a lint roller.
The whole Manley crew (Alphie, Uncle Kyle, Auntie Lauren, Granny, Boudreaux, CiCi, Presley, Maddie Rie, Pops, Mommy, Indy Cat, and Daddy). It's a full house!