Madeleine is 21 Months Old!!
Here is what she's been up to this month:
- Maddie has 9 and 1/2 teeth but those lower canines are trying to work their way through. And they are really giving her grief. She will hold on to me and say "ohhhh Mama" in such a sad dramatic voice.
- She has started singing this month. It's so stinking cute. She also has lots of moves to go with songs now. She can do everything (in her own way) for the "Wheels on the Bus", "Patty Cake", "This little light of mine", and "Roll the Gospel".
- Madeleine counts 9 9 9 for everything.
- When she falls down she says "ohhh I crashed". She is still super tough and it has to be a bad bad fall to illicit any crying from her. Usually it has to involve hitting her mouth.
- Maddie blows on her food (even if it doesnt need it).
- Maddie is still a talking machine. She has added yeehaw, cheers (it's on Mickey Mouse), ready set go!, please, chocolate, and many more animals noises than before. She also says cocky for cookie or cooking. At this point even if she is asking for a cookie when can appease her with other food but I'm sure the time is short on that one.
- She is wearing mostly size 2T and is in size 5.5 shoes.
- At night after she takes her bath we call it baby gymnastics time. She walks around on her knees, rolls, jumps, walks on her tip toes and spins around like a maniac. It's just madness. Oh and usually she is naked.
- She is reading bigger books now. She is interested and will actively pay attention to preschool aged books like Green Eggs and Ham and other picture books. I never realized how long and grueling Dr. Seuss could be for parents. Yikes.
- Maddie loves to kick and throws balls and is pretty good at it.
- When Maddie hears an exciting sound or sees soemthing she likes she pulls her lips into the tightest little oooo and looks so excited. We think it's pretty funny.
- This month she climbed up the slide we have in the backyard. I was NOT ready for that one. That's a lot more work for me. Our fort that we inherited with our house is not toddler sized or toddler safe. Thankfully, we've figured out she only has one pair of super grippy shoes that she can do it in so we'll just avoid those for the back yard.
- Trip to Dewberry Farms with cousins Noah and Katie.
Mmmmmmm Mexican food
Hanging out at Asher Creek Labor Day weekend.
Mmmmm Green smoothie
More Mexican food
My best buddy Hannah!
YeeeHaw!!! This is the best dog ever. Especially since she thinks his ears are the reins.
Sliding half naked
Aunt Becca save me from having to go inside with my mean Mommy!
Playing with Noah
Jealously watching Noah play outside
These photos just crack me up
Daddies are so much fun!
Dewberry Farms Flower picking field
She was so serious at first with it! She wanted to make sure that bull didn't get away.
you can't tell from this picture but Maddie is doing everything she can right now to pull her body into the lake to get that duck!
This was our attempt at a Cousin photo on the seemingly solid iron bolted down hog
As soon as I stepped away this happened.
Thankfully Uncle Jordan was there to catch the full aftermath